Saturday, March 17, 2012

Paper Piecing 101

As I was blog hopping the other day, I found a quilt along that looked challenging and fun with some pretty amazing results.  It is over at Sew Sweetness.  It is called the New York Beauty Paper Piecing Quilt Along.  I admit that I have tried paper piecing before, but with disastrous results.   I usually ended up throwing the whole mess away from exasperation.
Well, this quilt along came with super-detailed instructions.  Right down to the size of the piece of fabric you needed for each section.  Easy right?  It was!!!  After a few false starts (my own fault for not reading ALL of the directions).  This is what I ended up with!  I also realized that paper piecing isn't as bad as I thought.  I will be continuing with this quilt along.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment